What does onboarding an employee look like? Do you automatically hand them all the work to do on the first day? Hiring a new person on the team is a tedious task, but it shouldn’t stop there. Now that you have them, it’s time to set them up for success.
Chris Martinez talks about the process they go through at DUDE when they onboard a new employee. Chris believes that new hires need to contribute within the first two weeks and be relatively anonymous within 90 days. And that all this is possible with the right process in place.
If you’re an agency owner who plans on hiring somebody and get them up to speed quickly, this is definitely an episode for you.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 4:49 Indoctrination into the company culture
- 6:58 Why it’s okay to talk about your failures
- 9:43 Split the time for training and with actual doing of the work
- 13:20 Things to take into consideration in your hiring process, especially with multicultural teams
- 16:03 The training is never going to stop after 90 days
- 17:17 Make sure new hires understand how and what the benchmarks are
- 17:31 Train your staff using Trainual
- Download your free PDF copy of Never Wear Pants Again https://dudeagency.io/digital-book-never-wear-pants-again/
- Send us an email about Trainual email@example.com
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Delivering Happiness https://www.amazon.com/Delivering-Happiness-Profits-Passion-Purpose/dp/0446576220