These are difficult times. And as a leader who has a team that’s depending on you, you can’t just quit. It is your responsibility to keep going.
This is why it’s so important that you have the right mindset. It is what’s going to help you navigate through the challenges that these times bring.
In this podcast episode, Chris Martinez, talks about the importance of having the right mindset during difficult times. His message is specifically for leaders who have teams depending on them.
Chris shares the activities that promote a healthy mindset and how leaders can encourage a healthy mental state among their team members.
Stay to the end of the episode to hear about the program DUDE offers to all of their team members, this might be something you want to adapt in your own businesses as well.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 4:45 The mind will determine where the business goes
- 6:06 Types of people and their different mindsets
- 8:28 Taking care of your body
- 10:15 Meditation
- 12:37 Journaling
- 14:36 Talk to a loved one
- 16:59 Benefits of these activities
- 18:07 Team members are going through difficult times
- 18:37 Leaders can let their people know that it’s okay to not be okay
- 19:01 Give team members permission to ask for help
- 19:47 Men, specifically, should know that it’s okay to ask for help
- 20:40 Setting an example
- 20:54 Reaching out to a therapist and talking about the importance of therapy
- 22:47 How DUDE provides free therapy sessions for team members
- 24:15 Increased employee retention
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Five-Minute Journal https://www.amazon.com/Five-Minute-Journal-Happier-Minutes/dp/0991846206