Discussing politics and divisive topics in the workplace are tricky since it can damage interpersonal relationships, create anger, divide people, and hurt the overall culture of your company.
Externally, if you take a stand against something as a company you can risk losing customers who don’t agree with your viewpoints.
I’m usually one to keep politics/religion/personal viewpoints out of business altogether, but every once in a while you have to take a stand for your team and for the cultural fabric of your company.
In today’s episode, I’m going to talk about when you need to take that stand and be willing to risk losing customers or team members because some things are just more important than business.
So if you’ve ever wondered how you should handle different political convictions in your agency, or if you should discuss them at all, then this episode is for you!
02:34 Why Chris Doesn’t Post about Politics on Social Media
03:31 Talk about Politics When Social Issues are Involved
05:25 Talk about Politics When it Conflicts with Your Core Values or the Company’s Core Values
09:26 Final Thoughts
- Connect with DUDE on the following social channels
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/dudeagency
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/dudeagency.io/
- Visit our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJxNhChWk1xlo3ZhkWtYnlw
- Check out our website and see how we can help you run a profitable agency https://dudeagency.io/
- Check out https://www.criteriacorp.com/ for their psychometric exams.
Get a hold of more podcast episodes through our website. You can also tune in and subscribe to Operation Agency Freedom on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Thank you for tuning in!