Our Guest: Frank Cowell, Owner of Digitopia
In this episode, Frank Cowell discusses the power of tenacity that brought him from a self-taught programmer to the CEO of Digitopia, a merged company of two San Diego agencies. Frank shared how meditation, tenacity, and letting go of things you can’t control.
- Why meditation is more than just sitting
- Learning to build your way: Frank shares how and why he developed an agency from his interest in coding
- Surviving a merger or other change in leadership successfully
- How to stay motivated during the bad days of your business
Key Podcast Moments
- [1:40] Roundtable Discussion: Life lessons from Kung Fu
- [3:20] Roundtable Discussion: Business lesson from Kung Fu
- [7:00] Roundtable Discussion: How do you get out of your own head while running a business?
- [09:50] Frank’s nontraditional entry into the world of business
- [13:09] Frank’s first online venture..back in the days of AOL and the Information Super Highway
- [16:45] The problem of growth: Why Frank had to narrow his agency’s business to profit
- [18:20] Merging with another agency: What was the process?
- [21:40] What keeps you motivated?
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “Meditation is when you bring extreme presence and appreciation to anything you’re doing.”
- “In high school, I just became the master of figuring the way around things.”
- “I started getting checks in the mail for these information products and it was kind of awesome.”
- “It was like ‘Wow, the power I now wield is pretty insane…”
About Our Guest
Frank Cowell is a self-taught programmer who started his agency back in the days of America Online. He has served in the Marines, worked in the retail industry. He is currently the CEO of Digitopia, a speaker, and author.
Get in contact with Frank Cowell
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.