Our Guest: Joey Gilkey, Sales Nerd and Co-Founder of Tribe Prospecting
Sales and revenue is something that every business needs to survive, yet it’s still a topic that many agency owners struggle to talk about sales.
In this episode full of smart, experience-vetted tips on why your agency needs a full pipeline and why your team needs to embrace sales.
- Why sales and revenue can solve multiple problems in your agency
- Why salespeople need to build their reps
- Is LinkedIn still a good place to do prospecting?
- The importance of gratitude
- The biggest factor in converting sales to revenue
Key Podcast Moments
- [1:25] Roundtable Discussion: What was your college life like as a football player pursuing a psychology degree with a minor in drama?
- [3:00] Roundtable Discussion: When a college student does research on the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene and its link to depression
- [9:00] Origin story of Joey as an agency owner
- [13:55] Why sales IS one of your agency’s biggest problems
- [18:40] Using LinkedIn for prospecting
- [22:14] What is your big why?
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “For some reason, Dragon Ball Z was widespread on my team.”
- “I’m a big believer that sales solves a multitude of issues.”
- “The quality is improved by the quantity.”
- ”Never fall in love with how you make money.”
- “Never get dependent on where you’ve seen success in the past.”
- “I know a lot of people who are successful and miserable. I don’t know a lot of people who are generous and regret it.”
- “We want to promote a life of generosity.”
- “Consistency is the silver bullet a lot of us look for.”
About Our Guest
Joey Gilkey is a former college football player, a Psychology major, and a sales nerd/entrepreneur/investor who leveraged his skills in sales to help businesses fix their cash flow problems. He is the founder of Tribe Prospecting and the founding partner of Tribe Commercial.
Get in contact with Joey Gilkey
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.