Our Guest: Kace Phillips, Partner at RBA
In this episode, Kace Phillips shares his journey from studying creative writing to starting an advertising and marketing agency, RBA, with a variety of creative jobs in between. Kace shares about his voiceover side hustle, the importance of company culture, and being intentional in business.
- The difference between an amateur and professional voice acting
- Figuring out his place in the world: Kace shares how he developed an agency from his interest in creative writing
- The impact an award can do on morale and company culture
- How to build a great company culture
Key Podcast Moments
- [01:37] Roundtable Discussion: The beginning of Kace’s voiceover side hustle
- [04:53] Roundtable Discussion: The difference between an amateur and professional voice actor
- [07:35] Kace’s emergence into the branding and advertising industry
- [12:24] Starting the RocketBrand agency
- [14:25] Workplace culture: The meaning behind their Ad Age award
- [18:44] What changed in the company’s sales and marketing after receiving the award?
- [21:20] The award’s impact on morale and company culture
- [23:37] A general rule of thumb regarding building company culture
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “Our mission here at RBA is to help good people do great things and culture is a huge part of what we set out to do.”
- “Culture is something that happens whether you’re intentional about it or not.”
- “We want to find people from different backgrounds and different upbringings and when you get those different ideas together, that’s really when great work happens.”
About Our Guest
Kace Phillips is a creative copywriter from Dallas, Texas who has worked at an experiential advertising agency, a startup music company, and even started his own app development company. He is currently a Partner at RBA and a voice actor.
Get in contact with Kace Phillips
- Email Kace: email@example.com
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.