Our Guest: Matt Wolfe and Joe Fier, Hosts of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast/Evergreen Profits
In this episode, Matt Wolfe and Joe Fier shared the story of how their agency started, why they left the traditional marketing agency model, and pricing strategies learned from running an agency.
Also, don’t miss the beginning “cake” story.
- The scary (but exciting) experience of getting your first client
- Growing your client base as a marketing agency
- Breaking free of the agency model into something new
- Profitable pricing ideas & tips to keep your clients (and your business) happy
Key Podcast Moments
- [1:32] War stories from crappy jobs
- [8:32] Agency origin story
- [10:17] The story of the first client
- [14:00] The pivot from agency to something else
- [18:48] Why Matt and Joe left the agency business model
- [20:50] What would you change if you were to run an agency today
- [26:10} Why you should be niche-focused and not broad
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “There is a market for everything.”
- “Our pitch was 10 grand and 20% of revenue…In our heads, we’re like ‘if this guy says ‘yes”, we’re rich.”
- “Within 3 months….we got him…making 10 grand a month.”
- “That one-off thing, I did for so many years. It just felt like I was chasing cash.”
- “Over-communicating with your clients. You can’t go wrong.”
About Our Guest
Joe Fier is a marketing strategist who launched a successful video marketing and animation business and then co-created a marketing agency.with Matt. He is the co-founder of Evergreen Profits, LLC.
Get in contact with Joe Fier
Matt Wolfe is a marketing strategist who joined online marketing after leaving the shutter business to create a successful WordPress training/coaching company and then co-created a marketing agency with Matt. He is the co-founder of Evergreen Profits, LLC.
Get in contact with
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.