Our Guest: Robby Berthume, CEO at Bull and Beard & Agency Match
In this candid episode, we get real with Robby about two important issues, investing in your mental health and your agency’s marketing. Robby shares his journey to a better life after his diagnosis of Bipolar I disorder and his mission to improve the way agency owners market their own agencies.
Listen in for a conversation about struggle, recovery, and a key mindset shift that your agency needs to make in order to thrive
- Roundtable Discussion: The mental health journey of Robby Berthume, agency owner diagnosed with Bipolar 1 disorder
- The BIG problem with agency directories & agency matching services- – and Robby’s solutions for fixing it
- The BIG problem clients have when looking for the right agency
Key Podcast Moments
- [2:00] Roundtable Discussion: Getting help for your mental health journey. Robby shares how he learned to accept help and use that help to become a stronger person
- [5:11] Roundtable Discussion: Finding a new “normal” with Bipolar I disorder. Robby shares how he learned to achieve a better life after being diagnosed
- [11:32] Robby shares the story of the agency he started at age 14
- [14:46] Life after Betrayal: Robby shares how he rebuilt after an ex-partner financially messed up his agency
- [18:51] Where AgencyMatch is poised to go and why Robby believes it will make it there
- [20:46] What are the biggest problems agencies face while looking for a match?
- [24:13] What are the problems clients are having when they’re looking for an agency?
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “Basically…just a period where I kind of broke down. I was in my bedroom a lot of the time, just kind of hiding from the world and scared that I was going to lose things around me.”
- “It’s possible to be successful and have bipolar…”
- “There’s always a way forward.”
- “…one of the biggest problems we find is clarity.”
- Junior Achievement
- Agency Spotter
- Are You Advertising Ad Agency? (Forbes article by Robby)
- Robby on Facebook
About Our Guest
Robby Bethume started his own marketing agency at 14. After riding the ups and downs of agency life, he left the traditional agency model to create an agency directory (Agency Match) and an agency collective (Bull and Beard).
Get in contact with Robby Bethune
- Agency Match website
- Bull and Beard website
- Email Robby
- Agency Stable (Facebook group)
- Robby Berthume on Facebook
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.