Our Guest: Ryan Stewart, Founder & Marketing Consultant of The Blueprint Training
In this episode, Ryan Stewart discusses the lessons he’s learned from his experience as a college athlete turned entrepreneur and agency owner, as well as valuable insights on positioning and niching, noting the biggest challenges he sees agency owners facing right now. He also gives us an exciting sneak peek into his plans for the three companies he currently runs.
- Ryan’s evolution from college athlete to agency owner/entrepreneur
- His candid thoughts on learning how to be a leader + His approach to leadership
- The human resources he leveraged to scale his businesses
- How to position and niche effectively
- Ryan’s business plans for the future
Key Podcast Moments
- [1:22] Roundtable Discussion: Ryan’s journey to becoming a college athlete
- [2:52] Roundtable Discussion: Lessons learned from playing D1 college football
- [5:55] Roundtable Discussion: Tricks for finding and maintaining the mental fortitude when you’re physically exhausted
- [10:32] Ryan’s journey into the world of SEO and teaching
- [12:40] The first big wins Ryan had in his SEO career
- [14:34] Key people that he hired that also helped him scale
- [16:08] Did leadership come easy to you or was it something you had to learn as you went?
- [21:10] What Ryan’s working on now + A bit about his three companies
- [25:05] The biggest challenges agencies are facing that Ryan’s services can help with + Insights into positioning and niching
- [29:22] How to connect with Ryan + The perfect person to reach out to him today
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “If you don’t love getting up at five in the morning, if you don’t love going to practice every day and working on your craft, you’re just not going to make it.”
- “That’s the core of what a lot of businesses are, the process, and they use people and use technologies to speed it up and get more efficient, etc… so I started building a process around how to rank these websites and got really efficient with it.”
- “Leadership is not about you at all, it’s about the people that you’re serving and it’s about what they want.”
About Our Guest
Ryan Stewart is the Founder & Marketing Consultant of The Blueprint Training, WEBRIS, and Coding is for Losers. He’s a marketer with over a decade of experience helping companies get more exposure through digital channels. Ryan has worked with clients like Target and Best Buy and has also built, scaled, and sold a number of his own companies.
Get in contact with Ryan Stewart
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.
Check out my book! Never Wear Pants Again.