Our Guest: Benton Crane CEO at Harmon Brothers
Have you ever wondered what it takes to have advertisement videos go viral? In this episode, Benton Crane spills the beans and shares the secret sauce. He explains to us the whole process of making an advertisement video.
I’m sure you don’t want to miss the round table discussion. Our guest shares with us about his life as a paperboy.
- The Roundtable discussion: Benton’s life as a paperboy
- About Harmon Brothers
- Transitioning from full-time employment to entrepreneurship
- The creative process of creating an advertisement
- How long does it take to create a video and have it go viral?
Key Podcast Moments:
- [02:34]: The roundtable discussion- how Benton made $60 a month from being a paperboy
- [08:39]: About Harmon Brothers
- [11:28]: Transitioning from Full-time employment to entrepreneurship
- [19:26]: The testing process
- [23:15]: How long does testing take?
Magical Quotes from the Episode:
- “Make your stuff so good that it doesn’t need to go viral.”
- “There’s no recipe that can give you virality. “
- “The testing phase never ends.”
- “There’s a strategy that involves dozens and dozens of tests that feed data into the creative process and inform the creative process.”
- “Drive sales and build the brand all at the same time.”
- “You’re either live here, or you live there.”
- “We blend the worlds of traditional branding with the worlds of direct response.”
- “I had kind of an entrepreneurial spirit from a young age. “
About Our Guest
Benton Crane is the CEO of the Harmon Brothers. Before becoming an entrepreneur, he worked as a statistician and then econometrician. He worked at the Census Bureau and various intelligence agencies in Washington, DC.
Connect with Benton
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.