Our Guest: John Crestani, Founder of Pendragon Labs Marketing
In this episode, John Crestani discusses how travel and freedom motivated him to get started in the digital marketing space, along with the pivotal moments in his career that launched him into a high-paying clientele. He speaks on the value of understanding different cultures when doing business in other countries and taking risks in the realm of networking and scaling.
Tune in to learn how he transitioned his low-paying clientele to high-paying business owners and how his marketing agency shifted to an affiliate marketing model that made him $2.9 million in one year. You’ll also hear a wild story of how he snuck into Neil Strauss’s mastermind event in Hollywood to mingle with millionaires.
- How traveling has shaped John’s view of different cultures and how that can affect marketing in countries other than your own
- Tactics John used to shift his clientele to high-paying
- Sneaking into a mastermind event in Hollywood changed everything
- John emphasizes the importance of taking risks and showing up
- How he transitioned to an affiliate marketing model that made him $2.9 million
Key Podcast Moments
- [00:55] Roundtable Discussion: John’s favorite backpacking/hostel story
- [04:59] Roundtable Discussion: Traveling to countries where you don’t know the native language
- [06:20] Roundtable Discussion: How has your travel shaped your view of other cultures?
- [12:08] How John got started in the digital marketing space
- [15:09] Shifts John made to go from low-paying clients to high-paying clients
- [23:37] What made you think Neil Strauss’s mastermind event at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood would be the place to go to pick up clients?
- [26:52] You must take risks and put yourself out there to land the clients you want
- [28:41] His transition to an affiliate marketing model
- [32:00] How many clients did you have when you got to $2.9 million in revenue in one year?
- [35:04] Best ways to contact John + The perfect person to reach out to him today
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “Instead of going to marketing events, I started looking for places where businesspeople who could afford $10,000 a month for pay per click advertising would be.”
- “Showing up is half the battle. I think a lot of people don’t take risks like that.”
About Our Guest
John Crestani is a growth hacker known for his contributions in helping companies reach more people and sell more products using the business model of affiliate marketing. He is an online expert in all forms of paid advertising; from Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, YouTube Ads, and Native advertising networks.
Get in contact with John Crestani
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.