Our Guest: Brendan Schwartz, Co-Founder and CTO of Wistia, Inc.
In this episode, Brendan Schwartz discusses his transition from being an Ivy Leaguer to the Co-Founder of a successful marketing software company. He details how he came to realize the value in creating educational content in addition to their helpful SaaS product and that marketers were his ideal clients.
Tune in to learn how covid-19 impacted Wistia, some of Brendan’s concerns regarding scaling profitably and growing too fast, as well as his definition of Wistia’s company culture.
- Brendan speaks on why he chose Brown University and how he came to work with a team of fraudsters
- Why and how Wistia was created
- Our candid thoughts on coronavirus: The beginning and the end
- Wistia’s biggest expense & most valuable resource
- All about Wistia’s unique company culture
Key Podcast Moments
- [01:22] Roundtable Discussion: Brendan is the first Ivy League grad to come on the show – Why did you choose Brown University?
- [04:31] Roundtable Discussion: Voted most likely to succeed in high school … yet he worked with a bunch of criminals?
- [07:49] Why Brendan started Wistia
- [11:04] Wistia’s unique value proposition
- [12:30] When and how did you realize that marketers were going to be your ideal clients?
- [15:34] Where did the idea for creating educational content (aka the Learning Center) come from?
- [20:04] The impacts of covid-19 on Wistia, their clients, and client retention
- [22:17] Concerns with scaling profitably and growing too fast
- [23:58] Predictions of the future regarding covid-19
- [26:40] Brendan’s definition of Wistia’s company culture
- [30:40] Make DUDE weird again!
- [31:56] Best ways to contact Brendan
- [33:30] The perfect person to reach out to him today (hint: podcasters!)
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “The whole platform is tailored to marketers and we’re really focused on helping companies who want to build their brands with video do that.”
- “Our success this year is a product of our last five to ten years of work and that’s the thing that’s tough in SaaS.”
About Our Guest
Brendan Schwartz is passionate about creatively-driven businesses, minimalism, and nonsense. He is the Co-Founder and CTO of Wistia, Inc., a video marketing software that makes it easy to find, engage, and grow your audience.
Get in contact with Brendan Schwartz
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.