Our Guest: Nathan Hirsch, Owner of Freeeup
In this episode, Nathan Hirsch shares why he chose entrepreneurship and skipped college (even though he is the son of two teachers) and how he leverages top-level remote talent for his 9-million dollar platform.
- Is college worth the price?
- Building a 5-million dollar company without having a marketing budget
- Key qualities in hiring remote talent
- Dealing with problems in remote and outsourced work
- Working with remote workers as an agency
Key Podcast Moments
- [1:11] Roundtable Discussion: What inspired you to be an entrepreneur?
- [4:50] Roundtable Discussion: Is college just a waste of time?
- [7:56] The origin story of Freeeup
- [11:23] Getting clients with an empty marketing budget
- [13:12] How do you know you’re hiring good remote workers?
- [16:00] The challenges of working with different cultures in a remote business
- [17:40] Agency problems with remote workers
- [21:10] Persisting in business when things get rough
Magic Marketing Quotes from our Guest
- “I was a rebel. I hated people telling me what to do.”
- “I don’t know the first thing about ‘marketing’. I like to throw things against the wall and see what sticks.”
- “We spent zero dollars on marketing for the first year and a half for Freeup,growing from thousand dollars to 5 million dollars in revenue.”
- “I opened up an office five years ago and I always say that was the worst decision I ever made.”
- “If I hire a bookkeeper they need to love being a bookkeeper as much as I love being an entrepreneur.”
- “There’s a lot you can control. You gotta focus on that.”
About Our Guest
Nathan Hirsh, the son of two teachers is an entrepreneur, podcaster, and hiring/outsourcing expert who founded the remote freelance agency, Freeeup.
Get in contact with Nathan Hirsch
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Operation Agency Freedom podcast to stay up-to-date about the best ways to own your agency.