Running an agency is not always a walk in the park, but it doesn’t have to be a burden either. If you envision an agency that wins big and becomes more profitable, stop believing the myth that having more sales will solve all your problems. Instead, turn your focus on the stuff that’s most neglected or what I like to call the non-sexy side of running an agency.
In this week’s podcast episode, I have an interesting discussion with my guest, Kelly Gordon about how you can use your project management software to bring out the best in your team members. We also cover the differences between button-pushers and strategy people and how to manage them, and what you can do so you don’t miss a beat when somebody in your agency leaves, and a whole lot more!
If you’re an agency owner looking for the answer on how to make your agency profitable and grow massively, this is the episode for you! Tune in to this today!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 2:45 Kelly shares about the path she took that led to the start of Dapper codes
- 5:29 Structuring the roles for her team members into her project management software
- 8:35 What would be on the board of someone who is in Kelly’s team
- 11:17 What to say to people who say that can’t standardize or systemize their business
- 13:24 An owner’s lack of discipline will make things messy
- 15:43 First place to start when creating role boards
- 16:06 Examples of button-pushing tasks
- 18:36 Profitability is tied to time
- 19:54 What you can do to start breaking down processes
- 22:14 The kind of people Kelly works with
- Reach out to Kelly Gordon through Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kellybryn1
About the Guest:
Kelly Gordon is the founder and CEO of a 7-figure digital agency, Dapper Codes, helping businesses grow using proven methods that allow their clients to be a cut above the rest in this highly competitive world. She also founded a mentorship program, Cyberpreneur Inferno, aimed at helping create masterful agencies that are set up to win, impress, and retain customers.